- Working with the APHM to facilitate the delivery of a high standard of Healthcare in private hospitals.
- Working with the APHM to facilitate and to promote co-operation amongst Private Hospitals with other Providers of Healthcare including those in the public sector.
- To make representations though the APHM to the Ministry of Health and other agencies concerning the delivery of Healthcare to patients and the public.
- Exchange experience and information through APHM with other hospitals in Malaysia and overseas on the professional and cost effective management of hospitals, training of hospital staff and other medical matters.
- Have access to information on patient safety and quality of care
- Participate in all activities of the APHM including Annual International Healthcare Conference and Exhibition and smaller training sessions.
- Participate and vote in the Annual General Meeting of the APHM.
Membership is open to all private hospitals in Malaysia licensed under the Private Healthcare Facilities & Services Act 1998. Any private hospital wishing to become a Member shall fill in the application form and submit it to the Board of the Association for approval, together with the hospital’s current license.
After the approval, each Hospital shall pay the dues as stipuled in the application form and shall nominate a respresentative whose name shall be submitted in writing to the Board of the Assocation within 30 days of receiving written notification of approval.